Despite being a little more $$ than I wanted to spend, I purchased the rx100 2 months ago. As a novice user, this camera has been amazing. It's auto mode usually gives perfect pictures, the menus are fairly easy to navigate. I much prefer the sonys menu layout compared with canons ive owned in the past. I like how after snapping photos in auto mode, the camera tells you what it set its settings at, iso', etc, it helps see how the different settings can produce different results for those of us that are still learning.
Great camera, no regrets about this purchase.
Overall this was an excellent deal. the camera is of excellent
quality and the fact that it came with a 32 GB card, small camera case,
screen protector made it even better. Although I didn't need them, the
lens pen cleaning tool and wrist grip strap may be beneficial to some
people.
The camera's features and image quality are getting rave reviews from all the professionals, so you don't need me to repeat that here. One thing I will say is that this camera's full capabilities are very easy to use. The physical control dials on the top and back of the camera are so much nicer than the layers and layers of menus that you find on many smaller cameras. You do need to understand what the features are for, of course, but you probably won't be spending $650 on a camera without a good understanding of basic photography principles.
If you're looking for a slightly better value than buying the camera alone for $650, then check out this kit. The kit was "fulfilled by Amazon", so I didn't have to worry about dealing directly with an unknown seller.
Note that there is no included user manual, but the manual on the Sony web site is pretty good if you already understand basic photographic principals (like how to use manual aperture and shutter speed). Search for "Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 User Guide". There are also a couple of 3rd party RX100 ebooks that have more details and may be interesting to beginners.
I am impressed with the product and the value. The "off-brand" Bower
batteries are actually rated at 1800 mAh in comparison to the 1240 mAh
rating of the Sony branded battery. That is nearly 50% higher capacity.
Does the charge last longer? My experience is that the charge lasts
significantly longer. The charger itself is certainly not "of lower
quality" as another post here suggests. I'm not sure what charger it is
being compared to as so far, no one has seen a Sony charger for this
battery. It charges from "empty" to full charge in about 1-1/2 hours.
It also comes with an adapter for your car's power outlets and a
European-style receptacle adapter. I have not tried either, but will
see how well the charger works in a car. Being able to charge a spare
battery in a car is a huge plus for people on the move. This same
charger can be purchased for as little as $4.75 elsewhere by itself, and
the batteries at $8.80. That compares favorably with the price of the
kit here. The Sony brand batteries are list priced at $49.95 although
you can get them for as little as around $32 on line. But that is still
nearly four times as much for a battery that has less capacity. Yes,
they are Chinese manufactured just as the DSC-RX100 is, and just as the
OEM battery is.
If is certainly possible that the OEM battery has a longer useful life, but the Bower battery has a 5-year guaranty. If the battery lasts 1/5 that long in daily use I will be happy--after all, they are a consumable. The camera itself has a 1-year guaranty and it is not "consumable."
In summary, no one should avoid these products because they do not carry the Sony brand. They are well built and represent a solid value. I will not be buying a Sony battery at four times the price when I can obtain a product that is certainly worth more than 1/4 the price of OEM batteries.
If is certainly possible that the OEM battery has a longer useful life, but the Bower battery has a 5-year guaranty. If the battery lasts 1/5 that long in daily use I will be happy--after all, they are a consumable. The camera itself has a 1-year guaranty and it is not "consumable."
In summary, no one should avoid these products because they do not carry the Sony brand. They are well built and represent a solid value. I will not be buying a Sony battery at four times the price when I can obtain a product that is certainly worth more than 1/4 the price of OEM batteries.
I resolved not to be caught again with a dead camera and no spare
battery. So when I got the RX100 I looked for reasonably priced backup
batteries and a convenient recharger. This recharger and batteries seem
to satisfy those requirements. The charger is small enough to easily
carry on trips and the inclusion of a European plug adapter (as well as
the US plug) and AC adapter increase it's utility. And the batteries do
what batteries are supposed to do. They charge and power the camera.
One word about the 4 star rating. To date I've been satisfied with the recharger and batteries, but I've only had then for a few days. If they continue to perform as they have so far I'd give it the extra star.
One word about the 4 star rating. To date I've been satisfied with the recharger and batteries, but I've only had then for a few days. If they continue to perform as they have so far I'd give it the extra star.
The battery worked fine for a day of massive shooting and filming but I
don't think it is as good as the original.The indicator on the camera
showed little sign of wear after a day but when I was filming a bear it
suddenly cut out saying the battery was exhausted. In other words it
seems like it's all or nothing so if the indicator shows any wear don't
trust that there's a lot of power left and get it to the charger. The
fact that you get two battery's and a charger that can be used in the
house or car still, in my opinion, makes it a good buy.
I loved the feel of quality and it looked amazing, another thing I liked was a screw that goes through the bottom of the case into the cameras tripod receptacle, this ensured the camera was completely solid and would not fall out of the case, the screw also has a tripod receptacle at the bottom so you could still mount it on top of a tripod.
The top part of the case is held together by some poppers which is easily taken off if you wish to remove it, though you can keep it on and just flip it over so it's out of the way.
As for the strap, once again amazing quality.
The only reason why it had received four stars rather than five was purely based on the current price, Sony have it available at an eye-watering price and whilst I will be purchasing this case for my RX100 due to the fact it provides a perfect fit and is of great quality, I will be grinding my teeth whilst doing so.
Though as mentioned before, it is very high quality, so if you want one that is perfect for the RX100, then you will need to fork out that extra cash to get your hands on this premium case.
I have both this case and the MegaGear - Ever Ready Protective Black Leather Camera Case , Bag for Sony DSC-RX100 RX100. Even with the price difference, I prefer the Sony case. There are important differences (at least in my book) between the two:
- The fit is much better on the Sony case. The MegaGear top cover feels like it was created for a camera that was about a half inch taller than the RX100. The Sony case feels just right.
- The material quality is better on the Sony. The MegaGear uses some plasticky leather imitation, The strap in particular feels much nicer to the touch on the Sony. It is a lot more comfortable if you are wearing this case on your neck, in particular because the Sony has a velvet-like lining and the MegaGear has a harsher plastic/leather imitation material.
- But the deal breaker for me is that the bottom part of the MegaGear case blocks the usb port, so you have to unscrew the case every time you want to charge or transfer your photos via USB. The Sony you can charge the battery without removing the case.
- The fit is much better on the Sony case. The MegaGear top cover feels like it was created for a camera that was about a half inch taller than the RX100. The Sony case feels just right.
- The material quality is better on the Sony. The MegaGear uses some plasticky leather imitation, The strap in particular feels much nicer to the touch on the Sony. It is a lot more comfortable if you are wearing this case on your neck, in particular because the Sony has a velvet-like lining and the MegaGear has a harsher plastic/leather imitation material.
- But the deal breaker for me is that the bottom part of the MegaGear case blocks the usb port, so you have to unscrew the case every time you want to charge or transfer your photos via USB. The Sony you can charge the battery without removing the case.
The hard copy of the manual that comes with the RX100 is abridged to say the least. OK only if you want to run the camera on 'auto pilot.' Since Sony does not even provide a manual on a CD, the Sony alternative is to try to plow thru their long, on-line version which is not reader friendly. It is also difficult, if not impossible to print (over 100 pages, great for HP's business) and even then, can take you into the weeds. This book is the only reasonably priced hard copy alternative that can unlock the hidden talents and technology that make the RX100 camera so attractive to both experienced photographers and those that want to learn how to improve their photographic techniques.
This is now my third purchase of a camera manual written by Alexander S. White. His approach to such manuals is VERY useful. He doesn't just tell you all the possible settings, but fills in which ones are actually useful, and when, how, and why each might best be used. For instance, as he first describes the intelligent auto mode, he immediately makes his recommendations on how each of its default settings might best be set initially. He also offers useful hints on which of several ways to accomplish the same task is likely best, and why. He finishes by covering available accessories, warts and all. Overall, everything I'd hoped for from such a book, and a huge leg up on making best use of a wonderfully capable, but unavoidably complex camera.
This volume proved as rigurous and accurate as his earlier books on the Panasonic LX-5 and Canon S100. I am well pleased with it as I have been with both of them, particularly since the only other book I've found offered for this $680 camera has an asking price of $95 as I write this, rather than the $10 I paid to download the PDF version of this one from the publisher's site to my iPad. (I'm not objecting to the price for the printed version; just didn't want to wait even 2 more days to get it.)
I'm VERY glad to have and to have read this book. Definitely recommended!
This book is excellent and a must have for RX100 owners!! The user's
manual that Sony includes with the camera is totally worthless and the
more extensive manual from Sony's web site is in HTML only!!
The book walks you through the camera in about the same sequence that you need to learn it. (from setup to basic and on to advanced)
I know the author produces many books and I was worried this would be a somewhat generic manual. It is not!! It really is very specific to the RX100. The author explains the features/functions in a manner that non professionals can understand. He even provides recommendations on what's useful and what's not.
I bought the download version of the book for $9.95.
It's incredibly well written, well illustrated, comprehensive and affordable. No RX100 owner should be without it!!
The book walks you through the camera in about the same sequence that you need to learn it. (from setup to basic and on to advanced)
I know the author produces many books and I was worried this would be a somewhat generic manual. It is not!! It really is very specific to the RX100. The author explains the features/functions in a manner that non professionals can understand. He even provides recommendations on what's useful and what's not.
I bought the download version of the book for $9.95.
It's incredibly well written, well illustrated, comprehensive and affordable. No RX100 owner should be without it!!

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar